The aim of the Association of former students of St Margaret's schools, known as the Essemmay Association, is to foster good fellowship between former students and staff and to support the school in its aims.
01. The Association shall be called 'The Essemmay Association of Former Students of St Margaret's Schools'.
02. The Association will comprise of all former students or staff of St Margaret's schools and nominated Associate Members duly elected.
03. The President of the Association will be elected by the Annual General Meeting. The Headteacher of St Margaret's school will be invited to be President but should he/she be unable or unwilling to stand, then nominations will be invited from senior members of the Association and elections will be held at the AGM. Should the Headteacher indicate his willingness to fulfil the duties of President of the Association for the duration of his headship then this shall be deemed acceptable to the Association. The Headteacher will open and preside at the Annual General Meeting. Former Presidents on retirement assume the role of Honorary Vice Presidents of the Association. Other senior or long standing associate members may be nominated by the Committee to be appointed Hon. Vice Presidents at the AGM.
04. The Association will hold the AGM not later than 30th May each year.
05. Any matters regarding amendments to the Constitution of the Association may only be discussed at the AGM and the Secretary must be advised 28 days prior to the Annual General Meeting.
06. The Association shall elect a Committee at the AGM comprising: Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Social Secretary, Membership Secretary, and Minutes Secretary. The Chair or Secretary of any affiliated section should be ex officio. In addition up to 4 ordinary committee members may be elected. The School Liaison Officer shall be an ex officio member.
07. The AGM will receive the accounts of the Association for the year from the treasurer who will present these to the Committee prior to the meeting.
08. The AGM shall approve any changes to subscriptions from the affiliated sections.
09. The Committee shall meet during the year as necessary, to arrange the business of the Association.
10. The Committee shall be quorate when 5 members are present.
11. The Committee shall have authority to co-opt members during the year.
12. Any Committee member absent from 3 consecutive meetings, without good reason, will be considered to have resigned.
All sections attached to the Association will pay an affiliation fee to be fixed annually by the AGM. Members of these affiliated sections should be former students and therefore full members of the Association. Subscriptions from the sections are to be paid to the Association Treasurer on 1st September each year.