Our aim is to prepare all pupils for future success by providing a full programme of careers advice, information and guidance that is stable, structured and delivered by individuals with the right skills and experience. This will enable them to make ambitious choices for their futures.
We will also provide good quality, meaningful opportunities for them to encounter both the world of work and other education/training providers.
The "St Margaret's Pathway" is a whole-school approach that structures our careers advice and guidance programme. It draws extensively on outside agencies such as the Careers Enterprise Company, a local Enterprise hub, Career Connect and Elevate (The education Business partnership) – and a strong in-house team.
This policy statement sets out the arrangements for managing the access of providers to pupils at St Margaret’s Academy for the purpose of giving them information about the provider’s education or training offer. This complies with the school’s legal obligations under Section 42B of the Education Act 1997.
All pupils in years 8-13 are entitled:
- to find out about technical education qualifications and apprenticeships opportunities, as part of a careers programme which provides information on the full range of education and training options available.
- to hear from a range of local providers about the opportunities they offer, including technical education and apprenticeships – through options events, assemblies, group discussions and taster events.
- to understand how to make applications for the full range of academic and technical courses.
Every school must ensure that there is an opportunity for a range of education and training providers to access all pupils in year 8 to year 13 for the purpose of informing them about approved technical education qualifications or apprenticeships. At St Margaret’s Academy we welcome requests from external providers and recognise they can form part of a broader approach to ensuring that young people are aware of the full range of academic and technical routes available to them at each transition point.
If you would like to speak to the Careers Leader about arranging to come into SMA, please contact Mrs C Roberts at email@example.com
- Careers Lead - Mrs. C Roberts
- Careers Administrators - Mrs. M Torpey, Mrs. S Pinnington
- Link Governor - tba
- Careers Team Contact - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 0151 427 1825